Dear Family, Friends and Partners,
MESA Charter High School will host its fifth annual Career Day, virtually, on Thursday, May 6 and Thursday, May 13. MESA is seeking guest speakers who are Changemakers to join us for one or both days. We want to...
- introduce our students to professionals who are dedicated to equity and anti-racist practices in their workplaces;
- meet people who believe that there is always something new to learn and have a growth mindset; and
- engage our students in a conversation about diversity, inclusion, and systemic barriers to change so that they can identify spaces that benefit them and are more equipped to manage challenges when they face them.
Guest speakers will present via Zoom to a group of 20-25 high school students with one or two other speakers. We will use a Q&A panel format that will be facilitated by MESA staff and students
The schedule for Career Day on May 6 and 13 is as follows:
- 8:30-8:50am – Welcome Session
- 8:50-9:00am – Transition
- 9:00-9:50am - Career Day Session
If you are able to participate, please RSVP by completing the MESA Career Day 2021 Questionnaire no later than Monday, April 19. If you have any questions about Career Day, please contact MESA's Director of Culture and External Affairs, Traci L Douglas, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks so much and hope to see you in May!